Agreement & Terms Conditions
Please read this agreement carefully before clicking “submit,” or otherwise using this site. When you click “submit,” it means you accept all of these terms the same as if you signed this agreement, even if you have not read them. When you click “submit” it also means you qualify under the ADA Act for either a Service Dog or Emotional Support Animal, you can read the law at this link. You also understand that Emotional Support Animals don’t have the full access rights as a trained service animal. If you do not agree to all of these terms, exit this web site. These terms may change, so it is up to you to make sure you agree to the terms in this version even if you have agreed to prior versions of this agreement. This site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with, any federal, state, county, or city government, or any department, bureau, division, or agency of any of the foregoing (collectively, the “government”). By hitting submit button you guarantee that all information provided is accurate and truthful and qualifies you under the ADA act.
SERVICE DOG AGREEMENT
Service Dog Agreement: I acknowledge that my completion of this registration form is to voluntarily register my Service Dog into USDR registry. Doing so will provide me with identification materials to help others identify my Service Dog. Furthermore, I certify that my Service Dog has been trained to assist me with my disability. I am not registering for fraudulent misrepresentation of a Service Animal, and understand that my dog must meet the legal requirements in order for this registration and identification materials to be valid and to receive the privileges, including access into housing and public places with a Service Animal. Additionally, I understand that both federal and local laws regarding Service Dogs are subject to change in the future, and I will continue to abide by all current regulations. Should any access or privilege issues arise, I hold USA Service Dog Registration and its agents, partners harmless, and understand USDR can provide no guarantees that landlords or any other third parties will be compliant and non discriminatory with access and privileges protected by laws regarding services animals.
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL AGREEMENT
Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Agreement: I acknowledge that my completion of this form is to voluntarily register my Emotional Support Animal into USDR registry. Doing so will provide me with identification materials to help others identify my Emotional Support Animal. Furthermore, I certify that I must possess a signed letter from a licensed Mental Health Professional or Physician to have an Emotional Support Animal which must be renewed annually. I am not registering for fraudulent misrepresentation of an Emotional Support Animal, and understand that my dog must meet the legal requirements in order for this registration and identification materials to be valid and to receive the privileges, including access into housing. Additionally, I understand that both federal and local laws regarding Emotional Support Animals are subject to change in the future, and I will continue to abide by all current regulations. Should any access or privilege issues arise, I hold USDR and its agents harmless, and understand USDR can provide no guarantees that landlords or any other third parties will be compliant and non discriminatory with access and privileges protected by laws regarding Emotional Support Animals.
User’s Responsibility and Rules of Conduct:
Registration is conducted under the honor system and any individual found to violate these rules will be expelled from the Registry. The Registry is not intended to be a certification process and we do not judge the proficiency of our registrants in any way, and nor would that be necessary under the law. We do not investigate the training or abilities of any animal that is registered through our platform and do not provide any warranties concerning the abilities or training any such animals. We are not responsible or liable for the actions of any animal registered through our platform or utilizing any of the products sold through our website.
In addition, where it is necessary that the handler of an animal registered through our platform is required to have a disability that necessitates the need for a Service Animal, we do not investigate the nature of the disability or require the user to disclose this disability. However, users certify by registering a Service Animal that the animal the user is registering is an animal that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. Users further certify that the work or task that the Service Animal has been trained to provide is directly related to the individual’s disability. By registering an Emotional Support / Assistance Animal, users certify that the animal they are registering is an animal that works, provides assistance, or performs tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability, or provides emotional support that alleviates one or more identified symptoms or effects of a person’s disability for a person who has a disability-related need for such support.
Our services provide no protection above or beyond the law. We are a tool, similar to an online resume or other online profile service. All data that is used is based solely on the assertions of the provider or Registrant themselves.
We reserve the right to remove anyone from the Registry at any time who is determined to be violating any law applicable to Service Animals, Assistance Animals, Therapy Animals and/or our TOS. In addition, if you or your Service Animal, Assistance Animal, and/or Therapy Animal is involved in any act of aggression or violence towards a person, other animal or property your registration with us will be considered wholly invalid and possibly fraudulent from the moment it was created. We believe Service Animal, Assistance Animal, and/or Therapy Animal teams must behave in exemplary fashion at all times. We may not be held liable in any way for the actions of our members or their animals either online or offline as they are 100% responsible for themselves at all times.
You agree to not use USA Service Dog Registration Services to:
- misrepresent any animal as a Service Animal, Assistance Animal, Emotional Support Animal and/or Therapy Animal for any reason whatsoever, whether personal, public or private, online or offline. Misrepresenting an animal as a Service Animal, Assistance Animal, and/or Therapy Animal may be punishable by incarceration, fines including, but not limited to, other local or federal laws;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, the United States Department of Justice Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm any individual, company, entity or animal in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a USServiceAnimals.org official, employee, volunteer or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through USServiceAnimals.org Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Department of Justice, or any other entities or agencies having the force of law.
Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and hold USA Service Dog Registration and affiliates, volunteers, employees and partners harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit, modify or otherwise make available through USA Service Dog Registration Services, your use of USDR Services, your connection to USDR Services, your use of any and all USDR branded merchandise including but not limited to Patches, Identification Cards, Certificates, Animal Tags or other materials, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
The USA Service Dog Registration brand has been a trusted symbol of quality, service, and reliability, and we remain dedicated to those principles. Our priority is to provide you with the responsive, professional service you deserve, and to protect your privacy and security along the way.
HOW WE PROTECT AND USE CUSTOMER INFORMATION
1. We begin by safeguarding the security and integrity of customer information.
We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose. For example:
- We limit employee access to customer information to those who have a business reason to know this information. Employees are required to honor our code of conduct, which includes standards to protect customer confidentiality. They are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to do so.
- We maintain policies and procedures covering the proper physical security of our retail store, website and all records.
- Our physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards meet or exceed federal standards regarding the protection of customer information
- We require outside companies (banks, etc.) who work with us to adhere to strict privacy standards through their contracts with us.
- We use technological means (such as backup files, virus detection and eradication software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to customer data.
2. We collect and maintain customer information as part of providing better service to you and enhancing your relationship with us.
In the course of serving you, we collect only the information you provide to us during the ordering and checkout process.
3. We do not share information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you.
- We only disclose the information we collect with the credit card companies and the gateway used to access them
- We do not share or otherwise disclose any personal information, including your name, address, telephone, or email addresses with other organizations. Only specific USA Service Dog Registration staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site.
4. Browser information collected on our website:
As with all websites, USA Service Dog Registration we analyzes our website logs to constantly improve the value of our website. We generate and assess a variety of reports that include page views, unique views, unique visitors, repeat visitors, frequency of visits, and peak-volume traffic periods. We do not use this service to gather, request, record, collect, or track any Internet users’ personally identifiable information.
5. Personalization of Content:
6. Privacy of our email lists:
USA Service Dog Registration maintains an email list for our Newsletter. Individuals must opt in to request to join our mailing lists. We do not share the email addresses on our lists with anyone outside of our staff. We configure our list server software to refuse to divulge the email addresses of our list subscribers to anyone but authorized stry staff. Only USA Service Dog Registration staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site.
7. Children’s privacy:
Because we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulation establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13 years old, and we have designed our sites to block our knowing acceptance of information from children under 13 whenever age-related information is requested. It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information pertaining to children under 13 years old. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the notification, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving financial data from our site. In addition, we have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss or misuse of information at our site that we have collected from you.
- Register Your Animal
- Service Animal Database
- Service Definitions
- List of Disabilities
- Federal Law: ADA
- All About Service Animals
- All About ESAs
- All About Therapy Animals
- Flying With Your Animal
- Housing Rights & Laws
- Public Access Test
- Registration Kits
- Service Animal ID Cards
- Service Animal Patches
- Service Animal Vests
- Service Leashes
9. What Choices Do I Have in Opting Out of the Registry?
- You are by no means required or obligated to participate in the free public Registry. Participation is entirely voluntary. If you do choose to participate you are able to pick and choose which questions you wish to answer and which you wish to leave blank.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail, additional surveys or care packages, simply tell us when you provide your personal information or by following the directions on our web sites to opt out of our mailing list(s).
- You have the right to access (review, correct, amend or delete) your personal information by contacting us via e-mail and through the user administration module in the registration portion of www.usaservicedogregistration.com.
Copyright © 1990 – 2022 USA Service Dog Registration
USA Service Dog Registration provides information on laws and legal topics related to Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals and is designed for informational purposes only, and, while believed to be accurate, is provided strictly “as is,” without warranty of any kind. This website does not provide legal advice and the information presented is not intended as a substitute for legal advice from a qualified attorney. Emotional Support Animal items do not entitle an emotional support animal to the rights and privileges accorded by law to a guide, signal, or service dog.(2) Knowingly and fraudulently representing oneself to be the owner or trainer of any canine licensed as, to be qualified as, or identified as, a guide, signal, or service dog is a misdemeanor violation of Section 365.7 of the Penal Code.
USA Service Dog Registration its agents, affiliates, or employees will not be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, or lost profits arising out of your use of information provided at this site, or information provided at any other site that can be accessed from this site.